Skipping Stones Counseling provides individual counseling services in a variety of areas, with a general concentration on the following three.
As a former EMT and dispatcher, I have a passion for supporting our first responders to reprocess calls that were traumatic as well as supporting them to have healthy relationships and ways to cope with the challenges of this work.
Parenting & Family Relationships
- Support to parents and other caregivers to establish routines and consistency that increases feelings of safety.
- Teaching skills for self care and managing your emotions so you can be a positive model for your children.
- Learn communication skills to advocate for your children.
- Learn about your childrens developmental needs and stages so you can respond appropriately.
- Support to improve attachment and build trusting relationships within your family.
Perinatal & Postpartum Mood Disorders
- Education about anxiety and depression around pregnancy.
- Coping skills to decrease symptoms so you can be the parent you want to be.
- Support for your unique needs through pregnancy and postpartum including advocating for your needs, learning about what to expect during pregnancy, birth and postpartum, communicating what you are comfortable with to your treatment providers, communicating and strengthening your relationship with your partner.
- Support to work through trauma and memories that may be triggered due to the vulnerable position you are in while pregnant, during birth and as a parent.
Anxiety & Depression
- Learn why you respond the way you do, how those behaviors serve you and identify new options to respond that help you work toward your goals.
- Evaluating thoughts and feelings and linking action to your values and beliefs.
- Supporting you to set goals and use coping skills to overcome symptoms that are keeping you stuck.
- Learn to use interpersonal effectiveness skills to communicate your needs, set boundaries with others to decrease anxiety and find where you have control.
- Using EMDR, processing trauma, challenging negative beliefs and moving forward past negative events.
Skipping Stones Counseling is dedicated to providing the counseling services needed to get you feeling like yourself again.
Contact us for an appointment today.